Thursday, July 27, 2006

Floyd

Man, I will be very disappointed if it turns out that Floyd was definitely doping. There is still the B sample to test and hopefully that will clear him. Or maybe he has some medical reason related to his hip about why his testosterone level was higher than normal, although it's hard to imagine what it'd be that would be legal. I'd hate to think it was plain old cheating. He was a really good story and I thought he was truly inspiring. I got up early every day last week just to watch the Tour live. (No small feat in the Pacific time zone.) I was with him when he first won the yellow jersey, then when he bonked, and then on that great day afterwards, and then on the final time trial too when he really sailed. Does everything have to be rigged--can't there be just one good thing in this world that is genuine?

No comments: