- Apple juice might help prevent Alzehemier's Disese -- at leat in mince. Drinking apple juice helped mice perform better than normal in maze trials, and prevented the decline in performance that was otherwise observed as these mice aged.
- Tree death rates have more than doubled over the last few decades in old-growth forests of the western United States, most probably because of global warming. The death rate is now about one tree/acre/yr.
- About nine in 10 Americans heard the rumor that Barack Obama is a Muslim, making it possibly the most prevalent rumor of the 2008 presidential campaign, according to a nationwide survey. However, only 22 percent of those surveyed said they actually believed that Obama is a Muslim. (Still far too large, in my opinion.)
- lasers might someday be as small as a speck of dust.
- MRSA has been found in swine and swine workers in the US midwest.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Some interesting things I have come across:
Posted by David Appell at 1/23/2009 02:32:00 PM