Monday, April 16, 2012

Concerns about Causality

Last night I had this dream, that was typically surreal as dreams are. Somewhere in a hallway of a big building I was with a group of people and a person appeared who had magical powers that both frightened and thrilled us at the same time. She was brazenly letting those of us around her ask questions that challenged her status as an unworldly being, and when it came my turn I asked her, "Can you violate causality?" Almost immediately drops of water splashed onto my glasses, then a second later in a small scene in front of me it started to rain on a dark house.

I don't ordinarily go around concerned about causality, but somewhere deep in my subconscious I must be worried about it for some reason. I don't know what that means. Or why I didn't ask for a beautiful woman or a bar of gold instead.

No comments: