- there is a Cat 5 hurricane loose in the Pacific Ocean -- Hurricane Celia. The National Hurricane Center calls it a "very impressive hurricane," but it's expected to significantly weaken soon. Besides, it's very unlikely to hit the U.S., so the media here won't care about it at all.
- but don't worry, there is a tropical storm that could add drama to the story in the Gulf
- a financial analyst has estimated the cost of cleaning up the Gulf spill at $63B. Unfortunately, most of that cost will be eaten by sea birds and other aquatic life.
- Recommended movie: The Savages (just try not to fall in love with Laura Linney)
- Unrecommended movie: The Quiet Earth (means well, tries hard, but is boring)
Friday, June 25, 2010
Some stuff too small for their own post:
Posted by David Appell at 6/25/2010 06:10:00 PM