- About a thousand people (!) now live in the drainage tunnels beneath Las Vegas.
- An amazing 90% of members of a downtown Portland health club are willing to give up their fingerprint for easier access. (Americans are so incredibly stupid.)
- Only 7% of Oregon's high school graduates have the math skills "to compete for top jobs in the global market." And that's above the national average....
- Reuters: Europe no longer sees the US as an important player in climate change. Imagine...the US not a factor in the most important long-term issue of our age. If that's not an indication of US decline and the dangerous path down which Republicans are taking us, I don't know what is.
- NASA GISS: Oct 10 was the 2nd warmest October in their records. 2010 is almost certainly going to be the warmest year in their records.... I haven't yet done the calculations for the other three data sources (HadCRUT3, RSS, and UAH, though usually GISS is the highest among them).
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
A Few Recent Amazing Things
Posted by David Appell at 11/10/2010 02:22:00 PM