Monday, February 06, 2012

Minerals and Fossils Explained 2012

You might find this interesting -- an upcoming series of online discussions of geology papers:

Minerals and Fossils Explained 2012
http://geologytoday.wordpress.com/

You have to sign up beforehand.... I'm not really sure what level it will be, though. I just finished writing an article about deep Earth geophysics (it will be out next month), which was a subject I didn't know alot about going in. But I found there has been a great deal of really interesting science going on in that field, so now I'm ready to learn more geology. This is the best part about being a science writer -- getting to take crash courses in a different field every month -- sometimes every day -- and getting to talk to the people doing today's research. It suits me perfectly.
 

No comments: