Thursday, January 10, 2008

Acer & CDW disappointments

I just bought a new system from Acer (Veriton 6900) via CDW, and man am I disappointed. The DVD drive button does not work, and the sound card does not work, and that's too many problems for a system that cost $730....

I just want to be able to plug in my components and let them go.... anything else is ridiculous, given how long PCs have been around now. Simple things like DVD players and sound cards should work from the get-go -- I don't have the time, expertise, or interest in fixing these kinds of problems, and I shouldn't have to.

I was really happy with a PC purchase I made from CDW circa 2003, and thought I would do business with them again. Big mistake. My purchase did not even make clear that I was buying a new keyboard/mouse with my system. That's inexcusable. The first day, when I called them, the person who answered the phone said simply "Hello," not even identifying themselves professionally.They have a lot to learn.

I will never do business with CDW, or Acer, again.

No comments: