Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Wonderful Health Care in the U.S.

George W. Bush: The US has "the best health care system in the world."
Rudy Giuliani: The US provides "the best medical care in the world."


Ellen Nolte and C. Martin McKee,
Health Affairs, The Public Journal of the Health Sphere
27, no. 1. (2008) 58-71:
The United States ranks last among 19 industrialized nations on preventing deaths by assuring access to effective health care, report researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

More than 100,000 lives per year could be spared if U.S. performance equaled the top-ranked countries on effective health-care measures: France, Japan, and Australia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The U.S. is not France, Japan nor Australia. We are a very populous nation of 300 million people; more diverse, entrepreneurial and independent; and we love freedom to choose and are suspicious of government.

I have had medical care in countries too numerous to mention, in Europe, Asia and Latin America, and it's my opinion the best medical care is in the U.S. Medical care in other countries is overrated. The nationalized health care systems are not an improvement over the care I and my family receive in the U.S.

David Appell said...

Except that, Anonymous, no one will insure me at any cost because I have existing medical conditions. I am not profitable to insurance companies.

So what do you expect me to do?

I would really, really, really like to know.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the best medical care is in USA .

Unknown said...

I read this article. It provides good information about USA health care.I think USA health care is best medical care in comparison to other countries.which should provided best services in healthcare.