Alas, you would be a fool.
Instead, it includes a couple of them, with the rest a ragtag group of people you either never heard of, or, have heard of and laughed at.
Tomorrow, Rep. David B. McKinley, P.E. (R-WV) is to hold a hearing on climate change in Fairmont, West Virginia. (That's a location sure to garner a lot of media attention.)
He has a couple of good scientists on his panel:
- Jim Hurrell, Director, NCAR Earth System Laboratory.
- A. Scott Denning, Professor, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University.
- Dr. John Christy, Distinguished Professors of atmospheric science, and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.
And then, the hearing includes a bunch of...activists, who have scant qualifications to be advising the nation on climate change, and whose response is already totally predicatable:
- Annie Petsonk, International Counsel of Environmental Defense Fund.
- Marc Morano, Executive Director and Chief Correspondent for ClimateDepot.com; former senior advisor, speech-writer and climate researcher for Senator James Inhofe.
- Myron Ebell, Director of Energy and Environment, Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Dennis Avery, Director, Center for Global Food Issues at the Hudson Institute and author of “Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1,500 Years”.
- Sarah Forbes, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute.
Morano is "Chief Correspondent" for his own Web site -- impressive! Very impressive.....
I am "Lord Correspondent" for my own blog -- surely that ought to get me a invitation or three, right?
What a fucking joke.